Hanser Gardner Polymer Extrusion - 321-2Brand: Hanser Gardner
Hanser Gardner Polymer Extrusion
This book bridges the gap between theory and practice in the extrusion field. Now in its fifth edition, the best-selling Polymer Extrusion continues to provide valuable, up-to-date information for polymer engineers and chemists who need both theoretical and practical tools for successful extrusion operations. Since the last edition in 2001, there have been many new developments in the field and are incorporated in this edition.
New, Updated Content
- Chapter 2: A discussion on high speed single screw extruders has been added.
- Chapter 7: An innovative theory is presented that allows prediction of melt temperatures without having to result to numerical techniques and computer simulation.
- Chapter 8: Now includes information on the efficient extrusion of medical devices; this section discusses optimal manufacturing practices, screw designs, and processing conditions.
- Chapter 11: The section on gels has been expanded and now includes information on discolored specks, how to predict their occurrence and frequency, as well as instruments to detect defects in pellets.
- New information has been added throughout and references have been updated.
Author: Rauwendaal, C.
Hardcover: 934 pages