Satisfaction Guaranteed - If for any reason our products do not meet your expectations, return them. Complete refund or credit will be issued for unused and unmarked items returned within 10 days of receipt. Defective items will be either replaced or repaired.
Price Protection - Penn Tool Co will NOT BE UNDERSOLD. You will not see our advertised products at a lower price or we will refund or credit the difference. All claims must be made within 30 days of purchase. Proof of claim is required.
At Penn Tool Co we work hard to make sure that each time you purchase a tool, you are completely satisfied.To us, complete customer satisfaction means:
*Today’s most Technologically Advanced Tools necessary to meet demanding production and quality control requirements.
*Competitively priced. Penn Tool Co prides itself on keeping our price low without sacrificing quality.
*Prompt courteous service. Our customer service representatives are fully trained. Product knowledge and commitment to customer service guarantees that your order is processed the same day you place it.
Even with customer service and price protection at the top of our complete customer satisfaction list, we know you want more. Our extensive inventory is yet another way to keep you satisfied. Our large selection of inventory lets us fill your order immediately and at a completion rate that is extremely high in our industry.
Look through our website. If you don’t see a tool that you require contact us and Penn Tool Co will be glad to find it for you with our signature low price guarantee.
Advanced Metalcutting Calculators contains four calculators for major metalcutting operations: Milling, Turning, Boring, Drilling; and a fifth for calculating exact Machining Time when facing, cutting off, and deep grooving. All calculators are developed in Microsoft Excel and execute all parameters in both U.S. and metric units. These calculators provide computations more accurate than any other calculators on the market and can be used by anyone involved in manufacturing, including machinists, technicians, and engineers.
Power requirements when milling, turning, boring, or drilling are calculated by tangential force and cutting speed, or by torque and the number of revolutions per minute. These requirements are calculated when cutting inserts are sharp and prior to indexing or changing them
- Cutting force versus ultimate tensile strength of the work material and area of the chip.
- Torque at spindle versus cutting force and the cutter diameter.
- Adjustments to feed rate depending on the cutter geometry and width of cut
- Cutting force components – tangential force versus depth of cut, feed rate, and the work material’s power constant; feed and radial forces versus tangential force and the coefficients of proportionality, depending on the group of work materials.
- Torque at spindle versus tangential force and the workpiece diameter
BORING CALCULATOR (in addition to the same two features immediately above)
- Deflection versus resulting cutting force, unsupported length of the boring bar, moment of inertia of the bar cross-sectional area, and the modulus of elasticity of the bar material. Note: The method of determining feed and radial forces when turning and boring, and the calculators that utilize this method are patented (US Patent # 6,836,697)
- Tangential force versus drill diameter, feed rate, power constant of the work material, and the drill wear factor.
- Thrust (axial force) versus tangential force and the coefficient of proportionality establishing thrust-to-tangential force ratio.
- Torque at the drill versus tangential force and the drill diameter.
- Radius of the workpiece when the machine tool spindle runs at the maximum rpm.
- Machining time (in minutes) when facing or cutting off to the center of the workpiece; or when deep grooving, facing, or cutting off to a shoulder of the workpiece.