Industrial Press TPM Reloaded: Total Productive Maintenance - 3426-7Brand: Industrial Press
Industrial Press TPM Reloaded: Total Productive Maintenance By Joel Levitt
Published: April, 2010
This is a challenging, innovative, and timely new look at implementing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) by one of the field's leading trainers and authors. The book takes into account the economic upheavals of recent years and demonstrates that TPM is less about moving maintenance tasks to operations than moving accountability for aggregate output of the plant to operators. The author goes on to show that effective TPM - TPM reloaded -- requires a radical difference in management's view of the worker and even tougher, a radical change in the way workers view their own role.Table of Contents
Introduction: TPM in 2010
Introduction to TPM
- Who is TPM for?
- What Does TPM Do?
- Why Today?
- Operator isthe key
- Pillars of TPM
- History of TPM
- Why Did TPM Come from Auto Assembly?
- Some important questions about where the idea for TPM came from
- A Day in the Life of a TPM Shop
- TPM Has Two Aspects
- Promises Made
- Selling TPM
- Total plant involvement
- TPM: The Basic Idea
- The intention of TPM is engagement
- TPM is a TEAM Based Activity
- TPM and lean manufacturing and maintenance
- JIT (Just in Time)
- Five Elements of TPM
- The Basic Activity of TPM isPM
- Measuring Equipment Effectiveness is an Essential Part of TPM
- Different OEE models
- OEE is Confusing
- Example of OEE
- Return to new conditions
- Mini-manual for Operators
- Tasks (Getting Down to the Nitty-Gritty)
- TPM team meetings
- Typical team activity is conducting a 1-point lesson
- RCA for operators
- Lean Maintenance
- What Are We Trying to Do?
- One Problem However - Past Sins
- Ground rules of equipment: What are the Life Cycle Phases of Equipment?
- MRP II interface
- The CMMS Work Order
- When is too much too much
- Seven Steps to Reach Full Autonomous Maintenance
- Why Do One Out of Two TPM Installations Fail?
- Successful TPM Installations
- Key Concepts for the TPM Installation
- Look Out; Problems Ahead!
- Steps in Introduction of TPM in an Organization
- For TPM to Work, You Better Be Great at Training.
- Effective Training
- Certified Operator, Mechanic Training
- Structure for Remembering To Do Tasks
- TPM reporting
- Keeping TPM on track
- How to decide TPM is for you
- TPM Feasibility Study