Industrial Press Solidworks For Technology And Engineering - STE-4150Brand: Industrial Press
This unique text presents a thorough introduction to SolidWorks for students with little or no prior experience. It can be used in virtually any educational setting -- from four-year engineering schools to community colleges and voc/tech schools to industrial training centers -- and will also serve as a reliable reference for on-the-job use or as a self-study manual. The authors have carefully arranged the contents in a clear and logical sequence and have used many hundreds of visuals instead of wordy explanations. Several learning aids have been designed throughout.
- Good graphical displays rather than long text and definitions are emphasized. Key definitions are boxed in.
- Examples provide step by step instructions with excellent graphical displays.
- Needless cross-referencing has been eliminated. Each example is presented with all explanations appearing on the same page.
- Exercises are presented at the ends of chapters.
- A CD provided with the text contains files that are keyed in sequence to the selected examples. Students can follow interactively when learning the procedure with the concepts presented in the text.
- The text contains exercises and materials that are key to preparing students for the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) exam. Appendix B contains a complete key and sample exam solutions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SolidWorks
- The SolidWorks User Interface
- Creating 2D Sketches on Reference Planes
- Advanced Sketch Tools
- Creating Extrude, Fillet and Hole Features
- Producing 2D Engineering Drawings from 3D Solid Parts
- Creating Shells Draft and Rib Features
- Patterns, Mirror Features and the Hole Wizard
- Creating Sweep, Curve and Loft Features
- Creating Assemblies
- Producing 2D Engineering Drawings from 3D Solid Assemblies
- Design Stress Analysis with SimulationXpress
- Appendix A: Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA)Exam
- Appendix B: Customizing