Baileigh PL-1440E-1.0 Metal Lathe with DRO, 14" Swing, 40" Length - BA9-1016623Brand: Baileigh
Baileigh PL-1440E-1.0 Metal Lathe with DRO, 14" Swing, 40" Length - BA9-1016623
The PL-1440E metalworking lathe from Baileigh Industrial raises the bar on what entry level lathes should be. The PL-1440E is the best choice for small to medium sized shops just getting into the machining aspect of fabrication or schools just looking for a high quality metal lathe at a great price. As with all Baileigh gear head metal lathes, the PL-1440E comes standard with precision ground and hardened ways offering years use without losing the lathes tight tolerances. The Baileigh Industrial PL-1440E metalworking lathe runs on a 220V single phase motor that allows the lathe to be used almost anywhere. Combine that with the 8 different spindle speed the PL-1440E offers and there aren’t many jobs that this “entry level” lathe can’t handle.
The PL-1440E includes many features that the others do not; digital read out, three and four jaw chucks, steady rest, follow rest, face plate, live center, foot brake, coolant system, halogen work light and much more round out this great value. Another great aspect of the PL-1440E is that no assembly is required to get up and running. Just open the crate, wire it up and enjoy all the great benefits that a new metal lathe can offer.
Like all Baileigh Industrial metal lathes, the PL-1440E is built using only the highest quality components. Using only the highest quality components ensures years of worry free operation.
The PL-1440E metal lathe raises the bar for entry-level lathes. Built with ground and hardened slideways and a DRO, this gap lathe is reliable and precise.
- Recommended for small to medium shops and schools.
- 8 spindle speeds, ranging from 90 to 1,800 rpm.
- 3 hp motor runs on a 220-volt single-phase power, so you can use it almost anywhere.
- No assembly required. Just open the crate and wire it up.
- Precision-ground and hardened ways ensure years of tight tolerances.
- Digital readout (pre-installed) helps you make precise cuts.
- Capable of making metric and standard threads.
- Gap lathe design allows you remove a section of the slide to fit a slightly larger diameter.
- Comes standard with:
- 3-jaw and 4-jaw chucks.
- Headstock chuck guard with automatic safety switch.
- Steady rest and follow rest.
- Face plate.
- Safety foot brake.
- Integrated coolant system, which maintains accuracy and helps the machine last longer.
- Halogen work light.
- Optional taper attachment for making cones is sold separately.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Baileigh's team of experienced metalworkers are there to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
|Spindle Speeds||90 - 1800 rpm|
|Threads Imperial Qty Speed||44 / 4-112 T.P.I.|
|Threads Metric Qty Speed||22 / .45-7.5 mm|
|Spindle Taper Sleeve||Morse #3|
|Spindle Taper Nose||Morse #5|
|Tailstock Quill Dia||1.772"|
|Tailstock Quill Taper||Morse #3|
|Tailstock Quill Travel||4.72"|
|Main Motor||2 hp|
|Longitudinal Feeds Imperial Qty Speed||.0012" – .0294"/rev.|
|Lead Screw Diameter||.866"|
|Lead Screw Thread Pitch||4 T.P.I.|
|Max. Swing Over Bed||14"|
|Max. Swing Over Cross Slide||8.6"|
|Max. Swing In Gap Dia||19.9"|
|Cross Feeds Imperial Qty Speed||.0003" – .01"/rev.|
|Distance Between Centers||40"|
|Feed Rod||.708" dia.|
|Power||220V / 1-phase|
|Shipping Weight||1450 lbs|
|Shipping Dimensions||79" x 44" x 63"|
|Dimensions L x W x H||76" x 30" x 61"|