Royal QG-42 Ultra-Precision Quick-Grip™ Round Collet (Inch), Smooth, 1-1/16" Size - 44129Brand: Royal Products
|Range||1.032 - 1.094"|
Royal QG-42 Ultra-Precision Quick-Grip™ Round Collet
(Inch), Smooth, 1-1/16" Size - 44129
- Smooth and serrated versions for round-bore models (all others smooth only).
- Industry-leading 0.062" gripping range covers a wide range of part diameters. Collets are ground to nominal size and have a range of +/- 0.031".
- Parallel-grip ensures full-length part contact for maximum grip force, rigidity, and accuracy.
- Can be counter-bored for increased part capacity up to 2.62" – see picture for details.
- Quick-ship specials available for custom shapes.
- Can utilize manual and pneumatic changing tools.
- Bar Diameter: 1.66" (42.8mm)
- Slug Diameter: 2.62" (66.5mm)
Ultra-Precision Quick-Grip™ Collets
These Extremely Advanced Collets Will Revolutionize Your Workholding
- Industry-leading 0.062" Gripping Range – greater than other quick-change collets on the market and more than 12X that of traditional spring collets.
- Royal Quick-Grip Collets are precision-ground to nominal size, with a gripping range of +/- 0.31" to handle undersized/oversized stock.
- Example – a 1/2" collet is ground to 0.500" dia., and can hold any part ranging in size from 0.469" – 0.531" dia.
- Ultra-Precision Accuracy – 0.0002" TIR or better guaranteed on round-bores. Total system accuracy (chuck + collet) guaranteed to 0.0004" or better.
- All Royal Quick-Grip™ Collets are designed for minimal projection beyond the chuck face (≤ 0.020") for optimum rigidity and machine work-zone utilization.
- All models have a smooth gripping surface, but round-bores are also available from stock in a double-serrated version for very aggressive first-op machining.
- Vulcanized rubber between the hardened steel collet segments provides outstanding protection against coolant and chip penetration, and Royal's advanced vulcanization process carries a lifetime guarantee against failure.
- Collets can be counter-bored for increased capacity.
- S-type master collets available for QG-65 and QG-80 chuck models.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ Collets are compatible with some other brands of quick-change chucks, but note that the QG-80 and QG-100 models have a six-slot design (for increased gripping torque) that requires the use of a Royal installation tool. Call to verify compatibility.
|Max. Thru |
|Max. Capacity |
|Max. Thru |
|Max. Thru |
**Counter-boring collets is a special operation and it is important to note that the maximum counter-bore diameter varies with depth.