Royal Quick-Grip™ Pull-to-a-Stop CNC Collet Chuck, QG-100 Collet, A2-8 Spindle - 46024Brand: Royal Products
Royal Quick-Grip™ Pull-to-a-Stop CNC Collet Chuck
QG-100 Collet, A2-8 Spindle
Pull-to-a-Stop CNC Collet Chucks offer the same great features as Royal's Accu-Length™ Quick-Grip™ models, except that the collet is not fixed – it moves axially upon opening and closing.
Two-Chucks In One
- The Royal Quick-Grip™ Pull-to-a-Stop CNC Collet Chuck includes a removable stop for precise, consistent workpiece positioning. The pullback action of the collet draws the workpiece securely against the stop, eliminating any chance of z-axis part movement and enabling very aggressive cutting. When thru-hole capacity is required for bar feeding applications, simply remove the stop and the chuck will function as a normal pullback-style collet chuck.
- 10-second collet changes
- Widest collet gripping range (0.062")
- Extremely accurate – 0.0002" TIR
- Parallel workpiece gripping
- Compact and ultra-compact models to suit all machines and applications
- Adjustable stop guarantees precise, consistent z-axis part positioning and enables very aggressive cutting
- Ideal for high-volume, robot-load applications in which the part needs to locate against a shoulder and air-sensing / position confirmation is required.
- Also a great choice for any CNC lathe equipped with a servo-driven bar feeder – simply remove the included stop for full thru-capacity.
Bolt & Go™
- Our exclusive Bolt & Go™ mounting feature is standard on all Royal Quick-Grip™ Collet Chuck models. Bolt & Go™ enables chucks to be mounted very quickly and ensures maximum accuracy and rigidity.
Extremely Fast Collet Changes
- Changing collets on a Royal Quick-Grip™ CNC Collet Chuck takes just a few seconds. A unique hook and groove design for securing collets is used instead of traditional threads.
Wide Gripping Range
- Royal Quick-Grip™ Collets have a 0.062" gripping range (+/- 0.031"), enabling them to accommodate undersized and oversized bar stock.
- Lubricated for life, these chucks incorporate multiple O-ring seals to keep contaminants out and prevent chip pack-up on bore-thru applications.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ CNC Collet Chucks are very accurate – runout on the closing angle is guaranteed to be within 0.0002" TIR.
- All Royal Quick-Grip™ Collet Chucks are balanced by design for high-speed operation, and can often be run at higher speeds than conventional 3-jaw chucks because they are less affected by centrifugal force.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ CNC Collet Chucks have smaller nose diameters than other quick change collet chucks for superior tool clearance.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ Collet Chucks can sometimes utilize other brands of quick-change collets. Call Royal to verify.
- All chuck components, except for the drawtube connector, are hardened to Rc 61-63 for high rigidity and durability.
- All bodies incorporate an oversized flange to protect the machine tool spindle bearings from coolant penetration.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ CNC Collet Chucks are among the shortest chucks available, providing maximum work envelope utilization. This is especially important for smaller machines with limited z-axis travel.
- Royal Quick-Grip™ Collet Chucks include all mounting hardware, mounting wrenches, and a custom-machined drawtube connector to ensure hassle-free installation.
Click to View More Information & Benefits
|Max. Capacity - Bar||4.03"|
|Max. Capacity - Slug||5.15"|
|A - Overall Length||7.33"|
|B - Nose Diameter||6.30"|
|C - Nose Length||0.80"|
|D - Body Diameter||9.40"|
|E - Flange Diameter||10.75"|
|Chuck Weight||95 lbs.|
|Max. Drawbar Force||14,610 lbs.|
|Max. Clamping Force||33,720 lbs.|
Price includes drawtube connector. Collets sold separately.
Slug capacity requires counterboring of collets.